Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sad news

I learned today of the death of Murray Weber. He was killed early Saturday morning when he was hit by a train near the Lennox Shopping Center. I knew Murray when he was a little boy growing up in Upper Arlington and he and my son were friends. I met him again later as a young adult, a veteran I think, and caring for a paraplegic in his home. I'd lost track of him during the last decade, but in my mind's eye he is still a beautiful, tall young boy, with hope, humor and caring in his heart.
    "The Franklin County Coroner has identified the man who was struck and killed by a train early this morning in Clinton Township.

    David Murray Weber, 40, of Columbus, walked onto the tracks and into the path of an empty freight train, according to a report by the Franklin County sheriff's office traffic bureau. He was killed instantly.

    The incident occurred at about 1:31 a.m. on the railroad tracks behind the Lennox Town Center, south of Kinnear Road.

    The report also stated that the man was seen causing disturbances at a nearby restaurant prior to the incident." Columbus Dispatch
Obituary

1 comment:

MAW said...

Norma: I am Murray's mother. Thank you for your kind thoughts and good memories of him. We will miss him terribly.

Mary Ann Ward