Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Photos of the library protest

Pretty quiet as protests go. A grad student told me someone from security stopped by and left--I guess a bunch of old folks waving signs about books isn't too threatening. I wore scarlet and gray and made my own signs. Some of the media was there--must have been a slow news day in Columbus. I did enjoy talking to some of the grad students--they are very knowledgeable about computers, but believe the books too are necessary. They don't want to wait 3-4 days to get it from Akron or Youngstown. One man married to a librarian who works in another city says her public library depends on DVDs to keep the circulation records up.

Story about the protest here.

Channel 4 story here. I'm on about 2 seconds in the video at the beginning.







No comments: