Sunday, December 25, 2011

Lovely cello music



My mother played the cello--not often, and probably not well, although she did play in the Dixon orchestra back in the 1920s (I don't know that it was called that, only that she went to Dixon to do it.) One of her brothers played the saxaphone, and one the violin. When I see the cello get a chance to do something other than support others in the orchestra, I always listen, and think about Mom. Some time in the 1950s my sister Carol got the saxaphone, and my cousin Sharon (on dad's side) the violin. And Mom continued to play the cello every now and then.

My nephew Chris Rees, a freshman in college (grandson of my sister Carol, son of Cindy) now is quite a cellist and plays in groups (not in this video, though), and he posted this lovely piece on Facebook, so I'm sharing. Love the cello!

No comments: