Monday, August 27, 2012

Jeremiah 29:11 prayer

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I said this to myself as a prayer for a young woman I met in the coffee shop.  I thought perhaps she was in high school, but she told me she was finished with college.  “What field are you going into?” I asked.  “Oh, I don’t know. I’ll probably start looking next week.”  “So nothing you took in college really piqued your interest?” I said.  “Not really, I sort of liked business administration so maybe I’ll work in an office.”

College is usually 4, sometimes 5 years.  If she started as the recession hit in 2007-2008 maybe she found it easier to borrow money than go to work?  Or, maybe her parents are wealthy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am always amazed at the people who go into business admin, and learn how to do nothing. And I too have that MBA as well as a solid technical background which prepared me for a variety of careers. But look at how we tout those leaders with their Harvard MBAs and have hope they can 'fix' us. I really think it's about the 'contacts' you make in that couse of study that may be the most valuable.