Thursday, August 23, 2012

Potty mouths

Here at Lakeside I see only broadcast TV, much more than I would see in Columbus. I've seen some talk shows (Kelly Live) and some fall previews. What I'm noticing is what potty mouths the writers are creating for women. They are saying things to other women that would not be allowed for male characters. It's demeaning, disgusting, and I'm guessing about 90% male created, just like fashion. Since I also get to see the comedies and dramas from the 60s and 70s it really underscores the poor taste and poverty of thought of today's writers, producers and actors.  I think since Regis left Live, Kelly has let her writers put more edgy stuff out there.  It’s not attractive, my dear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The "family" comedies or "chick flick" TV shows all have the obligatory gay couple, oh so much more loving and thoughtful than a married couple. Hollywood has such an agenda.