Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Fat Man Demands Bank Loan.

At Roland Lane’s FB page—I’m assuming he’s the author.

So I entered my friendly neighborhood bank with whom I have no relationship and asked to take out a loan.
"Do you have an account here?" asked the friendly banker.
"No," I replied.
"Would you like to open an account?"
"Yes"
"Do you have some ID?"
"Well," said I, "Nothing with a picture on it."
"You will need a picture ID."
"Not so fast, sir," I replied. "I do not think that I need a picture ID. You see, I am somewhat large, perhaps some would say fat, and I am sure that fatness is a civil liberty. I am sure that being fat is on the PC lists. It is a civil right."
My friendly banker was now less friendly. "Sir," said  he, "Childhood obesity is in the news every minute. Childhood obesity is no longer on the PC list. It is no longer OK to be a kid and fat. It is no longer a civil right for kids because Michelle Obama picked that up as the Presidential wife thing. All President's wives have a thing, dating back to Betty Ford and alcoholism. Once she made alcohol rehab fashionable by going to a clinic it was OK to be an alcoholic and it became PC, more or less a civil right. Unfortunately, Michelle Obama's actions have taken childhood obesity off the PC list.
"But," I protested, "I am not a child, Michelle has not addressed old fat people therefore we are still on the PC List and for me, a fat old person, it is still a civil right. I believe your demand for a picture ID to get a bank loan is a direct attack on fatness, adult obesity if you please. Back off or else."
Pausing a moment, the friendly bank person glowered at me but asked: "What ID do you have?"
"I have a copy of my electric bill with my name on it and I would like a loan of ten thousand dollars."
Now the most unfriendly banker asked, "How do I know you did not cut and paste and photo shop the electric bill?
Well I replied, "I regret to inform you that you can ask that question but I do not have to answer. Where do I sign for the loan?"

No comments: