Saturday, September 29, 2018

A WalkAway testimony—interesting perspective from a Bangladeshi-Canadian

“I've lived in Canada for 6.5 years, and though it has nothing to do with US politics, but their politics(say in terms of Liberalism, Conservatism, etc..) is quite similar to American politics. I was a Liberal/Lefty once back in 2012 and onwards(up until the end of 2015) but in today's political discourse (this coming from a Bangladeshi again), I see no point embracing the American Left at all. They have lost civility, respect for their citizens, and they're even ready to cause trouble in their own communities too. The list goes on. Political correctness is a serious problem in North America. What I've experienced (PC culture I mean) in Canada was/is awful.

After my red pill moment [this means changing beliefs from liberal to conservative], I began to recognize the ugliness around me at the time. I rather be friends with Conservatives than Liberals now. No, I'm not saying all Liberals are evil, vengeful, nor I'm saying all Conservatives are always good, right, moral and righteous, but most of my friends are Polish, Irish, English Catholics, and they're wonderful human beings. I used to believe that all Conservatives are terrible human beings because I was brainwashed into thinking so(and if I've made rude, crass comments on YouTube, and without social media but in general, then I apologize). Just because I wouldn't support Hillary Clinton, I lost friends and was branded as a racist, traitor, etc. I sometimes ask, "Where's the tolerance and civility at?" You can agree to disagree, disagree to agree, or both, or none, but the harshest thing you can do is call anyone racist. Hence, these never-ending ideological or theological grievances and differences.

Liberals like, say, Bill Maher, late George Carlin and others were very politically incorrect. Now, the current students, SJWs, professors, feminists in college/university campuses, media, etc. are spinning out of control as Conservatives have become transparent, honest, and non-PC. A total 180 u-turn, IMO. Terms like equality and feminism are always pretty, nice, romantic words but in practice and reality, it isn't so. And should anyone have different opinions with someone, or with a group of people, then they're met with open hostility. I don't like how that goes. I, too, have experienced such hostility.

America is without a question the greatest country in the world. This country is the last country on earth for freedom, liberty, justice, yes equality when we can find some common grounds (not the Left's version of equality when it doesn't make much sense as it always ends with antagonistic clashes due to lack of civility and civil discourse). Where I come from, I'm not susceptible to such monumental idiocies that comes from the Left. You know what I'm talking about; PC culture, gender pronouns, trigger warnings, microaggressions, toxic masculinity, on and on. I'd like to learn a lot from you as I'm always open to learn and I hope you all will teach me a thing or two about America. Let's join and talk through tolerance and civility (especially from 13,247 kilometers, 8,231 miles. miles away lol).

Thank you and good night.”

No comments: