Tuesday, August 24, 2004

436 Thoughts on color

Librarian in Black who writes about technology for the rest of us sends along this tip about a neat cite for determining color for web pages: 4096 color wheel. I don't insert color changes very often in my blog, but I can if I want to.

Saturday evening on our way to our favorite restaurant, I noticed a man standing on top of the water tower, and a tall crane (very tall). The tower was getting a new coat of sky blue paint. Somewhere I read that central Ohio has only 37% completely sunny days. A pale gray would be more appropriate for hiding a water tower. Leaving the restaurant I saw a sky blue Thunderbird convertible, almost the identical color. Very pretty.

Since I've been at the lake most of the summer I haven't had much opportunity to enjoy the new paint jobs in my office and the guest room (done in mid-July). I'm looking forward to getting some pictures hung--I like the butter cream and khaki combination, but it's pretty dull. It's the same colors as the dining room and living room, but because the room is so much lighter, it looks completely different.

The electric yellow walls and the green and black drapes are now history for the guest room. In theory and the names on the paint chips, the walls and trim are some sort of shade of green, but you'd guess white walking past the door. We've got some furniture to move around, (my parents' bedroom furniture from the 1950s will reside there), and then I'll hang the green South Hannah Avenue street sign, where we lived in the 1950s. I purchased it in 2002 when the town was having a street sign sale.

It's back to the lake today. I'm getting minivan-lag.

No comments: