Saturday, March 05, 2005

875 Not on my links

As more bloggers joined in on blogging for Terri, my links were becoming overwhelming--there must have been over 200. So I’ve pulled the automatic listing and have added a link to a page that will list them all. I don’t know if this will help the speed of downloading my page or not. It will probably remove me from Mammal status, since that is based on links, but so be it. A page that loads like ice melting in Columbus in March just isn’t acceptable.

Bloggers for Terri Schiavo

I added a few more women bloggers, one of which used “live journal” and immediately had trouble again. I’m wondering if Blogger.com just doesn’t want to share the playground. But she also had sort of a potty mouth as I read through her archive, and I tend not to promote women who want to use the F-word as adverb, adjective, noun and verb. I think our beautiful English language deserves better writing. Most of the men I link to are fairly deep thinkers, so they learned long ago the limits of that word in complex explanations. Women on the internet are sometimes enjoying freedom and anonymity, and like children with the giggles, they try to see how far they can go with their blogs.

Some things the guys just do better, and profanity is in that category. Free country and internet, ladies, but not on my links.

3 comments:

Twylah said...

*laughing*

The ladies you refer to obviously haven't told their mothers-in-law about their new hobby, as I have!

Paula said...

I swear a lot, so I'm honored you keep me on. :-) I evolved into a rodent last Friday after making a bunch of comments on other blogs (some commenting software keeps you as a permanent link, I think, which counts toward your total), but the TTLB link message has now disappeared while they do maintenance or something. I just know when it returns, I'll be back to Flappy Bird. If I'm a big enough bird, though, I can eat those rodents for breakfast, hah.

I don't seem to have Blogger trouble when adding links from non-Blogger places, but sometimes I have to refresh my blog to see the text. I assume others have to, too, cuz I've checked from a few different computers.

Norma said...

Yes, Paula, you've had a few R rated posts, but usually in spirited good fun, not nasty.