Friday, March 04, 2005

873 Have you noticed?

This afternoon I took my book to the coffee shop--and I'm all the way to chapter 8 (slow reader). It does have some good things to say. I do wonder how everyone is going to fit on the campuses of Harvard, Yale and Stanford, however. And where will the rest of us academics work? That's not my point here. While I was in the coffee shop I looked up as some women customers came in. Have you noticed how so many people have very white teeth these days? I mean glistening, sparkling, movie-star white. Whiter than natural white. It must be all those teeth-whiteners you see advertised. I wonder how long it will be before teeth-whiteners will be the next Cox-2 or HRT or phen-phen and people will find out they do something awful in lab rats eating it 15 times a day in addition to removing tea, cigarette and coffee stains from human teeth?

Back to the book and chapter 9.

1 comment:

Twylah said...

Interesting observation. I've noticed that everyone is getting blonder.