Monday, February 12, 2007

Are government officials blocking your mail?

Pat in NC says sending an e-mail from outside the congressperson's district is a hopeless task. She can't even get Nancy Pelosi to take her message.

"As I watch CSPAN, see news clips on TV news or read article quoting legislators, they speak of "the majority of citizens " feeling a certain way about an issue. How do they know this when they ignore or actually block opinions of the majority."

It's our tax money paying for their offices, staff, franking privileges, special jet planes with expensive staff, trips to foreign countries, etc., etc. The least they can do is accept an e-mail from out of district.

2 comments:

Dancing Boys Mom said...

Norma,

Got your message. Sorry, I thought I had stopped by here and left my new blog address: http://dancingboysmom.wordpress.com/

BTW, my own Senators ignore me. As soon as they read anything they don't like I think they ignore it. Of course, they are Boxer and Feinstein, so what can I expect?

Norma said...

Thanks, I've fixed it on my template. Now, stay put! I think this is the 3rd URL I've had for you!

Keep writing to your Senators anyway. Someone, there's a computer that tallies this. I hear from my representative (Pryce) unless I tell her to shape up about border security.