Saturday, November 08, 2008

Business as usual in the Obama White House?

"Rahm Israel Emanuel, who turns 49 on Nov. 29, was born on Chicago's Far North Side, with his family moving to Wilmette when he was a youngster. He is a graduate of New Trier West High School, with an undergraduate degree from Sarah Lawrence and a master's in communication from Northwestern University. He is a ballet dancer and a swimmer.

Emanuel's Israeli father, Benjamin, is a pediatrician, and his mother, Marsha is a social worker. Emanuel is an observant Jew who did not, contrary to some of the mythology that has grown around him, serve in the Israeli army. Rather, Emanuel in 1991 volunteered for a few weeks in a program run by the Israeli army where civilians could help the Israel Defense Force with support work on an army base.

He is one in a trio of superachieving brothers: Ari is a Hollywood superagent, the chief at Endeavor, and Ezekiel, a breast oncologist, is the chairman of the department of bioethics at the National Institutes of Health. An adopted sister, Shoshana is rarely mentioned.

Through his Wilhelm connection, in 1991, Emanuel joined the Clinton campaign as a fund-raiser, rewarded with the White House political director post. He flamed out in a few months, to be resurrected and end up as a senior adviser to Clinton.

After seven years in Washington, Emanuel moved to Ravenswood, making millions of dollars as an investment banker in a few deals, and making more money when tapped by Clinton for a plum spot on the Freddie Mac board." Sun Times.

Hmmm. I can see the beginning of a trend here. A Clinton third term. Well, I feel much better about Obama's marxism drift--Clintons we know. It's just old fashioned Democrat cronyism, Wall Street millionaires, and Fannie covering, so far so good. A ballet dancer? Other than that, same-old, same-old.

3 comments:

Deborah M. said...

Hhi Norma. I've left the blogosphere for now. Just felt like I was talking to myself. Maybe later. I will still keep up with your writing.

Norma said...

I'm sorry to hear this--I too talk and write to myself. I hope you'll return--I have a tough time with my links to women.

Ladybug Crossing said...

Norma,
I read you every day through my feed reader. I read almost every single post.
I just don't have time to comment... Believe me, you aren't talking to yourself.
xo
LBC