Sunday, November 09, 2008

A collection of odds and ends


Extortion with your personal information

And it isn't even Joe the Plumber and Gov. Strickland's snoopers.
    Express Scripts, which handles prescription drug benefits for millions of Americans, is the subject of an extortion attempt, and it has called in the FBI for help. Someone claims to have the personal information for millions of customers and is threatening to reveal it unless the company pays up.
I'm reading it here, and have forgotten if you need to register.

Reese Witherspoon

Watched her first movie last night, "Man in the Moon" (1991). Really good. She was 14 playing a 14 year old who falls in love with a neighbor boy who falls in love with her older sister. Sigh. A period piece. 1957.

Reworking and editing

Today I spent several hours pulling out my blogs on the housing crisis, CRA, faith based initiatives, etc. (28 pages) Had to stop and clean up some errors. Blogger dot com has a problem I wish could be fixed--or that I'd remember how to work around it. (Not difficult, just open 2 windows.) If you save your entry in DRAFT, then go out and check the internet for something and click back, you may be on an earlier DRAFT and not notice it. I don't know how this happens, but I kept reversing the words "National City" and "City National" then I'd correct it, but going back, I'd get the old draft and not notice it. So I found it today. Obviously, no one read it, because on the internet everyone is an editor or critic. To add to the problem, the mistakes don't actually go away when you correct and hit PUBLISH, even if you go back and correct.

Joined a new ministry this morning

I'm an early riser, so I joined the group at church (7 a.m.) that reads scripture and prays before the service. Nice, quiet, peaceful. Only four of us plus the pastors. My first time, but I liked it. And it's not like choir where I had to recover the voice I lost or never had. Nobody sounds too terrific at 7 a.m.

Fabulous art show

Thursday evening about 5 p.m. we went to the opening of the Ohio Watercolor Society 31st Annual Exhibition at the Riffe Center Gallery, 77 South High. It will run through January 11, 2009. Oh my. Made me swoon. Don't miss it. Not only that, but God was at his artistic best with a golden sunset over the city buildings which were glistening. That was twice in one week I'd been down town. Don't get around much anymore, as the old song goes.

When you leave down town during evening rush hour do you ever wonder if the civil engineers had stepped out for a break while designing that access to 315 North? One lane? Were they crazy? Asleep? Cruel? There must be 100,000 people trying to get to the NW suburbs. And to think there are people that do that every day.

No comments: