Monday, November 17, 2008

How Atheists and Agnostics voted

According to the George Barna poll:
    "The second largest faith group in America, trailing only the Christian segment, is atheists and agnostics. These religious skeptics represent about one out of every ten adults. About four out of ten skeptics were registered as Democrats, four out of ten as independents and just two out of ten as Republicans.

    Three-fourths of atheists and agnostics (76%) gave their vote to Sen. Obama, while only 23% backed Sen. McCain. That is a step up from the level of support Democrats have previously received from skeptics. In 2004, 64% of atheists and agnostics voted for Democratic challenger John Kerry."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama rules!

Norma said...

You must be on the left side. I'm on the right side.

R. L. said...

I wonder how much of the remaining 36% voted third party. Up until the Kerry election, I had always voted third party. This year I voted for Obama. I think it is the first time I have ever voted for someone who actually became President. Hopefully they won't make me sorry.