Monday, February 09, 2009

New York Times Lies

Today I've been going back through my blog edit page de-duping. I'm not sure how the duplicates accumulate, but they do, and hang around as "drafts." Anyway, I found one I wrote in December 2008 about lies the NY Times told about Clinton and Bush and Fannie Mae, which seems unfinished, but wasn't a dup. It wasn't clear when I read the draft if all the material was original, or if it needed to be cited and linked. So I cut the phrase "New York Times lies" and popped it into Google, and got 26,300,000 matches. My goodness. That's more research than I wanted. I looked through about 300 of them, most of which were about lies found in the NYT, but some were reports in the NYT about lies (not their own). And I came across this interesting video from 2007 by Bill O'Reilly and lies about the ratings of his show. Interesting. Don't mess with Bill. Isn't that the name of a pop tune?



The phrase may be a case of "google bombing." It took Google 4 years to stop the google bombing of George W. Bush, (if you type in a particularly negative phrase it will bring up a GWB page) and about 4 days to stop it on Barack Obama after he became president. I think that's what I heard on the radio. Maybe Obama is just more senstive about criticism. Ya Think?

1 comment:

Gridlock Reigns said...

Good golly, Miss Molly!

"I looked through about 300 of them...."

Now you are a diligent researcher. I'm impressed.

For my blog, I borrow from a line from Stephen Colbert's book. "Like the Declaration of Independence, I believe my truths to be self-evident.....which is why I did absolutely no research."

You've just earned a spot in my RSS reader. Keep up the good, and well-researched writing.