Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cleaning up the cat hair

On the one hand, we have more time these days, and on the other, I seem to be less interested in cleaning. But we were going out Friday night with relatively new friends--my husband knows her through their artsy groupsy stuff and their common interest in Haiti. So we went out to eat at our favorite spot, with plans to come back here for dessert and to watch a DVD my husband had made of his last trip to Haiti. Having company is the best reason I know to clean--sometimes I'll invite someone just for that incentive. The plant we got for Valentine's Day had died (I forgot to water it), so that was probably my last big event. And we have a small cat--she's under 7 lbs, but loses about 10 lbs. of hair a week. So I really went over the furniture with my wide 2" painter's tape so they wouldn't go home covered with hair.

As I said, we really didn't know these people well. I had no idea they had seven dogs--six Goldens and one Lab. All house pets. I guess I needn't have worried about a little cat hair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is such a comfort when you make friends with "pet" people. A lot less stress. I have long since stopped apolizing for our beat up living room sofa and love seat. We keep looking for something to replace it with that is dog hair proof, The slip covers I made are trashed too.We keep the old pieces and just blow off what non-pet peole might think. The dog is worth it.

Norma said...

Sounds like you have one dog--7 must be quite a challenge on the furniture and patience of friends.

Anonymous said...

I look at it a bit differently. If I invite someone to my home he is my guest. I won't expect him to love my politics, my religion, my kids or my dogs. For a few hours it won't hurt the pet to be in a bedroom, the basement or the garage, now, the kids. . . might require a bit more thinking.