Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Items too short for a blog

Today I replaced my 50 year old glass measuring cups and 2 qt. casserole. I couldn't read the marks on the cups, and the lid broke about 40 years ago for the casserole. Unless they break, these will probably last the rest of my life.

My husband thinks my smocked, loose t-shirt looks like a maternity top, but pregnant women these days wear tight form fitting body shirts. Besides, at 70, I doubt that I'm confusing anyone.

The cat is coughing, snorting, gagging and sneezing less--down to about once a day--so should I risk not getting a refill of the antibiotic?

Can I finish reading Dearest Friend; a life of Abigail Adams in time to recommend it for the 2010-2011 reading cycle? It's a rule--we can't recommend a book unless we've read it.

It really irritates me that I can't find Palmolive hand soap anywhere. It's probably still made, but I haven't seen it in years. It's far superior to all the other green bar soaps. Meijer's used to have a knock off, but can't even get that.

A friend of mine has written a book about our home town, and I'm really learning a lot. I've bought 2 more copies to give my siblings.

I don't like this month's book selection, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I suppose I shouldn't read it in the evening. I think I have Sundowner's.

Good news about vitamin supplements, especially calcium, decreasing the breast cancer risk. And only 4 years after they warned us they might increase the risk of cancer. I love research, don't you?

There's a guy on death row here in Ohio fighting execution because he says he has allergies to the injection material. So. . . what's the worst that could happen? He might die?

It appears I've sold my one little piece of Teco for $500. I had a blog entry about it. I went online and looked at another piece at Treadway in Cincinnati, about twice the size and a bit more complex. It was $74,000. We plan to use the money for Haiti.

Abigail's Tea Room at Lakeside was auctioned Saturday. Cold, windy day. We loved going there the last 30 years or so (until 2008). Very sad day for all of us. The Association didn't get it.

I've volunteered to help with English conversation class at our church, but orientation has been cancelled for the third week. Maybe I'll start in the fall. Hardly seems worth it for the spring since we're gone in the summer.

Got a wonderful new notebook for blogging. More expensive than I usually pay, but more pages. "Ebony and Ivory" by Drew Strouble.

1 comment:

Retro Jordan said...

Luckily to enter your blog and read your article. I have lots of feeling after sharing your blog. This blog makes me realize the energy of words and pictures. I look forward to more.