Thursday, April 22, 2010

Errands

After the mail run for church today I stopped at my doctor's office and made an appointment for a check up--seems I missed 2009; then on to the vet's to see about getting that prescription refilled because the cat has started sneezing serially again; then on to the optometrist to make an appointment. My last "new" glasses are from a 2007 exam, but I exchanged them 5 times. This time I decided to browse the frames display so as not to make another mistake. I overheard the man behind me tell the manager, "Thems look like ol' lady glasses ta me." His belly took up his chair plus part of the table, he hadn't taken off his baseball cap in a month of Sundays, and he was wearing muddy work boots. Ah, youth.

The one mile of sidewalk being built with ARRA funds on our street (banner and sign announces this) is just about finished. A little grass seed and it will look great. I'll soon be able to walk to the coffee shop. Of course, it looks like they were drunk when they laid it out--goes around sewer covers and utility boxes. Thank you, America. I'm sure we in Upper Arlington wouldn't have been able to swing this on our own tax money.

No comments: