Saturday, May 21, 2011

Netanyahu, the anti-Obama

Nine months ago, George F. Will nailed it. He compared Netanyahu and Obama. . .
"Netanyahu, the former commando and fierce nationalist, and Barack Obama, the former professor and post-nationalist."

"Netanyahu, his focus firmly on Iran, honors Churchill because he did not flinch from facts about gathering storms. Obama returned to the British Embassy in Washington the bust of Churchill that was in the Oval Office when he got there."



George F. Will - Netanyahu, the anti-Obama

2 comments:

Three Score and Ten or more said...

I am not sure I would have phrased it the same way, but Will is a better writer than I am. No matter how phrased it is a pithy thought.

Employment Experts said...

It's a shame that a politician who I look up to would ignore the obvious human rights violations by Israel. It's really a shame that apartheid still exists in this world and I sincerely hope that U.S. policies to diplomacy in the Middle East developing into something more peaceful.

It is true that Hamas is terrible. But in my mind, Obama needs to bring the situation between these two states into perspective and see the tracks of trot committed.