Thursday, April 19, 2012

Food deserts are a myth

If you're overweight it's not because there's a fast food business near-by and no fresh fruits and vegetables. I didn't even need the research. I have no shortage of information or healthy food. And I don't eat fast food (except an occasional McD's sausage biscuit). But you should watch me go through a block of healthy, white cheddar cheese or homemade buckeye candy (chocolate and peanut butter).

"Living close to supermarkets or grocers did not make students thin and living close to fast food outlets did not make them fat."

http://www.nationalreview.com/home-front/296485/jig-food-deserts/julie-gunlock .

This sort of junk nutrition by social scientists results in a steady stream of government grants from USDA and HHS for public employees for a non-problem. I was looking at one of the "fast food" and stress sites today at OSU and the director (showed a photo) of the program was overweight!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I don't consider myself a genius, yet I figured out at age 11 that my parents were fat because they ate too much and I could be slim if I didn't do that. So, I stopped doing what they did and voila. And 40 years later, it still doesn't matter WHAT, it only matters HOW MUCH. (Health, now that's a different thing.) Maybe I am a genius? LOL.

P.S. I never got any grant money, boo.