Friday, November 16, 2012

Kristen writes to those who sent hate mail . . .

“I could stop typing now, but then you all would weep and gnash your teeth because you want more paragraphs of my wisdom over which to rejoice or send me hate mail.”

So I’m not the only one who gets hate mail from my holier than thou, self-righteous readers. . . who would have nothing to do to feel holy if I weren’t blogging about truth.

Kristen writes: “There’s a saying: “If you’re not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you’re still a liberal at 40, you have no brain.” I get it. Liberalism is obvious to children, because the most obvious way to help people is to give them stuff and be “nice” to them. It takes a lifetime of learning – and, in my opinion, usually the influence of religion, which helps one understand that man can’t fix all of Earth’s problems – to realize that giving people “free” stuff is impossible, because nothing is free. And because giving people stuff and being “nice” to them is not nice, or helpful; it leads to dependency and corruption and general crappiness. (See Africa, ruined by aid. See also certain parts of Chicago, ruined by leniency.)

The rest of Kristen’s story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I have no brain.

Anonymous said...

I must be brainless, too.

Norma said...

I guess so.