Thursday, May 18, 2023

CVS largest share of Rx drug market in U.S.

 I've been going around and around with my CVS about a prescription.  The press this, press that, message system is about to send me around the bend.  The latest message via my doctor's tech is that the prescription is still showing at Walmart in Port Clinton where I had it transferred this past summer when I didn't want to drive 120 miles to get a refill.  Of course, I picked one up in February at CVS, and no one said, Oh my this is at Walmart, nor did anyone say I couldn't get it refilled after April.  So I called Walmart.  Easy peasy.  Talked to a real person.  He looked up my name, told me they had transferred it back, and did I want them to fill it.  Imagine. Good service is alive and well at Walmart.  At the 5th largest prescription market I can talk to a person, but at the largest, I could still be talking to a machine and going back to press one. Thank you, Walmart, for having humans available, at least in the pharmacy.  "Talk to a live person" should be #1 on all medical/health answering machines.

Largest pharmacies by Rx drugs market share 2022 | Statista


No comments: