Friday, May 05, 2023

Two Phil's at the Kentucky Derby

We're going to a Kentucky Derby party tomorrow evening, and we'll select (bet) a horse to win. I've chosen Two Phil’s, a 3-year-old colt, the first Illinois-based horse to qualify for the Kentucky Derby since 2007. I couldn't pass up the name Phil, but have no idea what the apostrophe is about. He's owned by two men named Phil, so I suppose it could mean Two Phil's [horse]. Also, I'm not positive he's actually on the list. I think he's a really pretty horse, a chestnut with a white stripe. The description sounded good. He's big and can go 40 mph.

“There’s gonna be 150,000 people screaming, and other horses will be all jacked up, sweating, nervous,” Rivelli said. “But he’s just got a little bit of an air about him, like he’s not really afraid of much. He doesn’t come busting out of the gate. But when he sees daylight, he knows it’s time to go.”

No comments: