Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Chef-o-Nette is closing

We heard some bad news Monday night. The Chef-o-Nette in Upper Arlington is closing! This week! When we moved here in June 1967 we rented an apartment on Farleigh Road. We cut through someone's yard to the little Tremont shopping center and found a restaurant. We lived in that neighborhood for 35 years. I couldn't count the times we've eaten there, or just popped in for the tapioca. I'm not sure but I think the last time I ate there was with Phil in September 2019 for my birthday 2 days before he was diagnosed with glioblastoma and our lives changed forever. I probably had a "Hang-over with fries." When he was in pre-school we'd go there for a snack then wait for Phoebe to get out of Tremont School across the street. I wrote about the Chef in this blog in 2010 and 2006.







 


No comments: