Saturday, May 27, 2006

2516 Bloggers, too

Columnist Kathleen Parker wrote "People such as [Howard] Stern and [George] Carlin have built careers out of making obscenity funny, that is, if you're emotionally trapped in a 7-year-old boy's psyche." . . .[who] find great hilarity in body functions and are prone to uncontrollable giggles upon hearing vocabulary that refers to human anatomy."

I've noticed that about female bloggers--only they seem to be trapped in a tipsy ditsy babe-at-the-bar persona. Twice this month on Thursday Thirteen I've come across women who tried to use the F-word the maximum number of times in 13 sentences. If there is anything uglier in our language than the Stern and Carlin dog and pony excrement show, it's ladies' night out at the potty mouth party. It's their blog and they can write what they want, but they shouldn't get indignant and hostile when I comment on their juvenile behavior. If they aren't craving attention, turn off the comment feature.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I so agree with you on the F word!! I can't stand to even see it in print, much less picture it coming out of someone's mouth. It's a shame that so many are desensitized to it.

michele said...

I can't believe how many women are using such bad language. I have come across so many of them over the last couple months. They have these cute blogs and yet they write like a guy.

BTW, I love your background!

Joan said...

So well said! Clever phrasing like yours takes so much more talent and thought than throwing in as many bathroom words as possible.

Norma said...

You've made my point so much better than I did. Thank you. You're all excited over excrement talk--all of which is as old as the AngloSaxon language and as new as your diapers. Love its refreshing honesty. Ha. Ha. Are you from Usenet?