Friday, February 02, 2007

3433 Good advice

We're in the second month of 2007 and I'm still up with my New Year's Resolution, which was to read through the Bible. I'm using the NIV The One Year Bible (1986, Tyndale). Sometimes it is necessary to have "the talk," and just look what Proverbs 6:30-26 (today's selection) provides us parents! Thousands of years old and it is right on the mark.

My son,
keep your father's commands and
do not forsake your mother's teaching.
Bind them upon your heart forever;
fasten them around your neck.
When you walk, they will guide you;
when you sleep, they will watch over you;
when you awake, they will speak to you.
For these commands are a lamp,
this teaching is a light,
and the corrections of discipline are the way to life,
keeping you from the immoral woman,
from the smooth tongue of the wayward wife.
Do not lust in your heart after her beauty
or let her captivate you with her eyes,
for the prostitute reduces you to a loaf of bread,
and the adulteress preys upon your very life.

Wow, God. I couldn't have said it better myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you for keeping up your resolution!

I did want to let you know that as you have changed over to the new blogger, that I now can get an accurate rss feed of your actual posting headings. I could not before - so this is a good thing!

Norma said...

Cathy--a woman who knits, teaches children, sings and is tech savvy! Thanks for the tip. I had no idea.