Thursday, July 26, 2007

4001

Goldfish and wine

Our dinner guests, my niece and her family from Florida, went to Cincinnati first for a Reds game, then stopped to see the Pete Rose display and the museum, then got caught in a traffic tie up. So I'm alone, munching goldfish crackers (Pepperidge Farm) and sipping Merlot. Usually, I don't allow crackers in the house--for the obvious reasons--I scarf them down. We're having pork roast, gravy, baked mashed potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, sliced garden tomatoes (thanks to my daughter's neighbors), cukes and peppers sliced, and lemon fluff pie with cherry topping. I think I've eaten half of the goldfish crackers.

2 comments:

tommie said...

I have toddlers....obviously there are goldfish in the house....I have to make sure I pour just the amount I think they will eat....or guess who will eat them???

happy tt

JAM said...

My daughters lament the fact that they were both past toddler/Goldfish age before they came out with the multi-colored ones.