Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lakeside is Open

Now that I'm back in Columbus, I'll download (and upload) a few photos of some of the Lakeside scenes I've been saving but couldn't use. (My laptop has failed; my PC won't read discs, so I need some tweaking of my technology.) The "season" at Lakeside is 9-10 weeks and includes cultural and spiritual programming from about 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Some of the businesses, which include small restaurants, a coffee shop, deli-style shop with fresh flowers and delivery, ice cream shops, a tea room, several gift shops, candy store, sundries, artists' cooperative, a dress shop, movie theater (only one in Ottowa county), bicycle repair and golf cart rental, and Cokesbury book store, have varying opening and closing hours. I'm usually the first customer at Coffee and Cream, which opens at 6:30 a.m. where I catch the news and read the paper. Sloopy's and Dockside have been selling snacks and pizza by the slice at the concerts in the park on Sunday evenings. What Lakeside doesn't have is any establishment that sells alcohol. This helps contribute to its nice atmosphere for families with children. When you visit one of the islands or another tourist area, you can immediately see the difference.

2 comments:

JAM said...

Beautiful shots. It's hard to take cruddy photos when the weather is that beautiful. I'd love to stroll around there with Lovely Wife.

I like the little slide show thingy too.

You can buy an external cd/dvd reader and writer for $100 or less these days. Just set it on top of your computer and plug the cable into one of the USB ports on the back of the computer. You might have to install some software that comes with it, but the directions on doing that are really easy these days. They're almost truly plug and play. It beats having to crack open your computer and fiddle inside it unless you or your husband have done that and don't mind doing it again. An internal replacement cd/dvd drive is even cheaper than the external ones.

Norma said...

Thanks, JAM. I'll look into this and compare some prices. I'll probably have to rely on someone else to fix this mess.