Sunday, September 23, 2007

4130

A short list of movies about Ireland

Some fellow tour members, John and Jan, are movie buffs, so I asked for a short list (I think they knew 20+) of movies about Ireland I might check out. I'm pretty squemish about violence in movies (and sex, suspense, terror), but I think I can do a few of these.
    The Field (1990)
    The secret of Roan Inish (1994)
    Michael Collins (1996)
    Millions (2005)
    Angela's Ashes (1999)
    Quiet Man 1952
    The wind that shakes the barley (2006)
    Bloody Sunday 2002
    In the name of the father 1993

3 comments:

JAM said...

The Secret of Roan Inish and The Quiet Man are two of my all-time favorite movies.

Angela's Ashes was good for one watch, but too brutal for me to watch again.

Norma said...

Thanks--it's nice to have another recommendation. Sounds like those are the ones for me, too!

Anonymous said...

A few I liked are:
The Snapper
The Committments

both are rated R though so perhaps you might not want to put those at the top of your list.

You might wish to put This is my Father with James Caan on your list.