Monday, September 03, 2007

4113

The UA Labor Day Art Show

The Upper Arlington art show must be one of the largest and warmest, one day shows in the Columbus metropolitan area. We remember when it was small enough to be held at the city building, and when my husband entered.

1975 Labor Day Art Show
Thirty two years later it is huge with musical performances, special events art participation for children, food concessions, TV cameras, and huge crowds. Also, people wear a lot less clothing today than they wore 30 years ago--especially senior citizens!

We wear short shorts.

Art on the lawn

Community orchestra

Activities for children

Our friend Linda Langhorst at her booth

It was a great show, but we're leaving--too hot!

1 comment:

JAM said...

Like here in Florida, you look out a window and see the beautiful day with a few happy, puffy clouds and think: "I want to go out an DO something!" Then you step outside and the heat and humidity almost knock you back inside through the door.

But on a side issue, your camera really takes nice pictures. Those are some really contrasty scenes and many digital cameras "blow out" the bright end (whites). Your's didn't everything looks well exposed and the colors nice and saturated. Nice.

Being a foodaholic, I noticed the banner advertising kettle corn in the photo of the little boy. Did y'all get some? I love that stuff.

Also, I love the sideburns in the first photo of your husband. I've never been a fan of big sideburns myself (they make me look like a Hell's Angel biker), but I do like seeing them on others for the simple reason that my Dad had big ones when I was a kid and it's kind of a nostalgia thing for me.