Tuesday, September 25, 2007

4137

Who's the nutritional gatekeeper at your house?

Snacking has no affect on my husband's size, so if he wants crackers or peanuts, I'll purchase them, but he has to hide them from me. He can buy a package of brownies at Cheryl's Cookies, put them in the freezer, and eat one a day. I'd have to put them in my neighbor's freezer.

According the the U. of Nebraska newsletter, Food Reflections,
    Through eating more mindfully, whoever in your household is the "nutritional gatekeeper" can influence his or her food intake as well as that of everyone else as much as 72 percent.

    Make less healthy foods inconvenient to eat. Promote reasonable portion sizes through the size and shape of dinnerware. Encourage people to measure out and see the total amount they're eating rather than eating directly from a container.

No comments: