Friday, September 28, 2007

The fascination eludes me

Although I'm not into entertainment statistics, when the first day opening sales of a computer game go beyond popular movies and books, beating out movies like "Spider-Man 3" and books such as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I at least take notice.
    Gamers have made "Halo 3" the biggest launch in entertainment history by scooping up enough units to bring in an estimated US$170 million in its first 24 hours on store shelves, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) announced Thursday. TechNewsWorld
But I don't get it. Even mentioning this should uptick my site meter. Oh well. Back to my October Book Club selection.

1 comment:

JAM said...

I'm just a few years too old to have caught the video game bug.

My Younger Brother, by seven years, has the bug bad. He owns several game systems so that he can buy the games he wants that are not made for other game systems.

My potential future son in law is a gamer. Many Friday nights, he goes to a local gaming store that has tournaments and such and will stay there all night, literally, playing video games. He's a 20 year old that works like a dog five 10 hour days every week, but loves his video games.

I still don't understand it.