Monday, October 08, 2007

I want to look like a high school cheerleader again

This reality show on CMT started up yesterday and I watched a bit. I was never a cheerleader, wasn't athletic, nor did I envy them, but I think they contributed a lot to the fun of the football and basketball games. Watch this. One woman said, "No one but my husband has said I'm pretty in a long time." Well, who else matters?

One of my cousins I met this year through an internet genealogy site used to be a Denver Broncos cheerleader, if I remember correctly. Is that football? I saw four or five former cheerleaders this summer at our reunion (2 from our class and 2 from the class after us and maybe one from my husband's class), and they still have the nice personalities and perky spirits that supported the teams and worked up the crowds.

2 comments:

Three Score and Ten or more said...

I never wanted to look like a high school cheerleader when I was in High School ;->

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I've got news for those ladies. Without plastic surgery, they are never going to look 17 again. Some of them didn't even look that bad. They just looked like they recently had a baby. That clip was kind of sad.