Thursday, May 07, 2009

National Day of Prayer

I've never been big on ecumenical, national observances because they usually have to be pretty watered down to please everyone. Today was a little different. I went over to the Mill Run Church at 7 a.m. (after my early coffee down the street) and joined other members and guests for breakfast and a delightful film made by our own Steve Puffenberger and his Run of the Mill Productions for the UALC 168 Project. I've seen a lot (OK, a little) of Christian films using "the folks" and most of them look pretty homemade. The viewing public, even me who may see only 3 movies a year, and embed the occasional YouTube in my blog, has become quite sophisticated on visual messages. Steve is a pro--he's the owner of Advent Media--and somehow the pastor and the prayer team working with Steve put together an outstanding product. It's not preachy, not particularly Lutheran, and could be used for any program on prayer, not just for this event. It's personal, professional, prayerful, and possibly the best production of its type I've ever seen. You can get a copy to use with your church or group by making a donation to the 168 Project Team, 2300 Lytham Rd., Columbus, OH 43220. I watched it again after I got home.

And yes, we did pray for the President and Governor.

No comments: