Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Family Photo--The bicentennial cat

This is probably a repeat--but that's what old people do. Besides, I like the photo.

Mystery our first cat was a bicentennial baby, so that would place this photo in 1976, because she is still a traumatized kitten here desperately trying to escape my children.

My husband and daughter brought Mystery (so named because she was so tiny we didn't know her sex) home from an Indian Princess camp out at Camp Akita. The little girls found kittens at a near-by farm and they all ran away, except the little black one who was too sick to run. That's the one they brought home. She lived for almost 18 years, and when she could no longer see to jump up on my lap, I carried her to the vet and said good-bye. Never let a faithful pet die alone in a strange place. Hold her and whisper sweet things.

The children are apparently playing dress-ups, because my son is wearing the jacket of one of my suits from the 60s, and has one of my belts around his neck. So they dressed up the cat too who is wearing the clothes of Sue the doll.

No comments: