Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A letter to Senator Brown

Murray received a funds appeal from Senator Scott Brown. So did I. I think I scribbled across mine and mailed it back, something to the effect that I wasn't pleased with his first vote, but I'd wait and see. Murray actually sent him a letter which he's allowing me to reprint here (under U.S. copyright law, he owns the content, not Sen. Brown)
    March 17, 2010

    Senator Brown:

    I received your letter today thanking me for my contribution to your successful victory in the Massachusetts Senate race. You need to understand that my contribution, among thousands of others, was for a specific purpose. Thankfully, that purpose was realized.

    "We The People" need your help to not only stop Obamacare but to stop the recklessness that's taking place every day with our legislators. This means Obamanomics needs to be stopped in its tracks. As I write, Obama is readying himself to sign the just passed $18 billion stimulus/jobs/hire bill while he has $500 billion of the stimulus left yet to spend. You know. . . the billions that we needed quickly a year ago for "shovel ready" jobs. You voted for the stimulus/jobs/hire bill while it was $15 billion and watched it grow to $18 billion practically overnight. I guess that's strike one on you!

    Anyway, if you help the taxpayers of this country during your next year by stopping the spending frenzy, government's takeover of anything else, cap & trade and raising taxes, then I'll consider helping you extend your political career along with many of the other taxpayers. I'll be holding on to your request for donations until then.

    Please help this great country survive.

    Murray
Good job, Murray. Couldn't have said it better myself!

No comments: