Sunday, August 28, 2011

Light & Tasty

The Lakeside Antique Show was yesterday and I bought a few goodies, one of which wasn't actually at the sale, but next door at the Methodist Church book sale. It was the Premiere Issue of Taste of Home's Light & Tasty, for cooks "who are looking for light recipes that don't sacrifice flavor," and it was 10 cents. I'll be writing about it at my hobby bloggy, In the Beginning.
I would never use egg substitutes, or low-fat cheese or fat free evaporated milk, but the photos are good and I've come up with a few ideas about how to use zucchini and tomatoes.


When Reiman's Taste of Home began diversifying, it wasn't unusual to find more than one cover for a premiere issue. The photo of the cover on the far right with the raspberry cream cake with chocolate topping is the one I have. Inside, they are pretty much the same.

Technically, I'm no longer looking for first issues because they were taking over my house, but if one falls in my lap (hands) at a sale, well . . .

No comments: