Thursday, August 04, 2011

A Reader thinks I have Lakeside sand in my ears

Says I don't see (hear) the racism of the Tea Party. Not much sand in Lakeside--it was built on rock and The Rock. 140 years later it’s pretty rock solid liberal Democrat, and if there are any Tea Partyers here, they must be white haired pensioners watching their grandchildren’s future being frittered away by two parties that are tweedle-dumb and twiddle dumber.

I have seen racist stuff on the internet about Obama and I move on, but it is still not reaching the decibel level of the anti-Bush mania of his two terms, but I suppose it could come to that. It's not close to the misogynist, anti-disabled, anti-Palin, ageist, anti-Tea Party nonsense that streams from the main stream media. If Joe 6-pack sends racist jokes to his buddies, it's free speech, but what is it when MSNBC or the View get hysterical about a grass roots quasi-organized non-party? They are talking to thousands (well, MSNBC maybe hundreds).

Is the Tea Party a party like the two who have put us in this financial mess? Do they have talking heads reading script on ABC, CBS or NBC? Has the Tea Party run up a deficit? Have they put people out of work? What subversive action have they taken? Have they shot up a military base and had it hidden by the MSM? Have they sold guns to Mexican organized crime like our Attorney General and kept their jobs? Have they been tweeting pictures of their naked skinny bodies like Weiner? I’d like to know what qualifies as terrorism and racism to a Democrat. Apparently, protected free speech, disagreeing with an unqualified black president, and ridiculing his attempts at restoring the economy would be three. Those are the ones I've heard from Tea Party representatives on news shows. I don't count the ridicule by the liberal comedians like Maher and Letterman. You have to consider the source. Maher calls Tea Partyers "morons" and "Zombies" so I doubt that he's too reliable.

I've never been a member of a Tea Party group, but I have been a registered Democrat. I know how they think--or don't think. It's why I left. Too much feeling and not enough thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maher and Letterman. Such cultural icons.

Norma said...

Well, if Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh are the behind the scene leaders of the Republicans, I guess the Democrats get two weasel "comedians" as their leaders.

Anonymous said...

oooooh someone get under that thin skin?