Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is it judgmental to defend the unborn?

Defending the moral right of the unborn to have a life is “judgmental,” according to some Christians. But judging that the government has the legal right to take their lives and not protect them in the same way it protects the more fortunate is not judgmental? Interesting concept. It’s the same one slave owners used in the 19th century for their personal property. Some think primarily the poor and uneducated have abortions. Not sure of the statistics on that, but I do know about 50% of the women having abortions were using birth control in some form when impregnated. Planned Parenthood helps with that failure.

Was listening to a testimony Saturday morning of a woman who as a teen had 5 legal abortions at Planned Parenthood. After the last one she hemorrhaged and went to the ER where they discovered half the baby was still there. The “doctor” had stopped in the middle of the abortion, demanded more money (because she was over 12 weeks) and then when the boyfriend (same guy for all pregnancies) paid up, continued, without anesthesia. It seems PP would give her both powerful antibiotics and low dose contraceptives after each abortion, so the “pill” didn’t work right, (http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/707926) so she kept getting pregnant, and killed 5 of her children. Needless to say, this woman is not afraid to name evil as evil. She started out her presentation with Reddy’s “I am woman hear me roar.”

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long, long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Oh, yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to
I can face anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman
One of my compassionate Christian friends (who believes in the right to choose) commented, "She was a slow learner." Blaming the victim comes in all varieties. Multiply that contraceptive failure by the thousands of teens brought the PP clinics by their mothers or boyfriends.

No comments: