Sunday, February 19, 2012

When I was a zygote


Even when I was a single cell, a zygote, everything about me was already determined in that little data set--my gender, eye and hair color, body build, intelligence and personality. All I needed was oxygen and nutrients to thrive, which I received from my busy mother who was chasing 2 toddlers--but I wasn't my mother and I wasn't my father, I was something unique and special, and not an extention or an appendage of their bodies, even though I would be a little bit like both of them. I continued to need oxygen and nutrition after I was outside Mom's womb, and which I still need and depend on from other people right up to today. I couldn't possibly survive alone in this world and neither can you. No one had the moral right to take my life then regardless of what ancient customs or modern laws such as were invented in 1973 that say otherwise, and you still don't now.

No comments: