Saturday, September 22, 2012

He never counted, but it was very profitable

“Unlike some of the other speakers, I have never been involved in a large-scale abortion mill, a business (and it is a business, don't kid yourselves) that was set up for the sole purpose of performing abortions. My experiences are perhaps a little more universal in terms of obstetricians and gynecologists in the country who were trained to do abortions during their residencies and then continued doing so as a part of their private practice, but not even the major part. Certainly it was never a major part of our private practice.

My partner and I, however, were relatively important in the Albany area for one infamous fact, which to this day I regret. Our group was just about the only group that was performing late abortions, D&E procedures, Dilatation and Evacuation. And we received referrals from all over the area in our part of the state from not only just the doctors in Albany and Schenectady, but from neighboring counties 70 to 80 miles away. We had a lot of patients.

I've never actually counted. I'm glad I can't say that I'm responsible for 50,000 plus abortions, but I know I've done hundreds of the procedures, and that's direct, hands-on involvement, as Mr. Scheidler said, with the forceps in your hand, reaching into somebody's uterus and tearing out a baby.

People ask, why do doctors do abortions? Many of the reasons have come out already, and I am going to amplify them. It's profitable, a lot of money in it! One way to make abortion less available is to make it unprofitable, and there are probably a lot of ways you can do that. . .

In my practice, we were averaging between $250 and $500 for an abortion, and it was cash. That's the one time as a doctor you can say, either pay me up front or I'm not going to take care of you. It's totally elective. When a woman comes to me and is pregnant, and her husband's lost a job, and maybe their insurance isn't in effect, we won't turn her away. But when somebody's going to have an abortion, it's an elective procedure. Either you have the money or you don't, and they get it.

You can go in on a Monday morning, do three or four abortions (the procedure itself doesn't take five or six minutes), clean up the room, make room for the next patient, put her in. I'll be out of there in two hours; be out in time for lunch; nobody's going to call me at night; and I almost never, never have to worry about her lawyer ever bothering me. And I'm going to make the same amount of money as if I did one delivery with all those months of work [for a live birth]. Now, who's the fool? The ProLife obstetrician or the abortionist?”

http://www.priestsforlife.org/testimonies/1127-testimony-of-dr-anthony-levatino---former-abortion-provider

Scroll down for a link to a video where he demonstrates an abortion using a fetal model.

No comments: