Sunday, September 30, 2012

Why do these people need subsidized phone service?

The program in Ohio cost $26.9 million in the first quarter of 2012, the most recent data available, versus $15.6 million in the same timeframe in 2011. Compared to the first quarter of 2011, the number of people in the program nearly doubled to more than a million.

Phone subsidy spending in Ohio photo

I lived for 71 years without a cell phone (I now have an old one on my son’s plan), and now I’m paying on my phone bill (land line) so cell phone companies get $10 for each low-income “customer?”  And the media ripped Romney for his 47% statistic that it’s hard to appeal to people on a lower taxes platform?

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/subsidized-cell-phone-program-nearly-doubles-in-oh/nRDqC/

No comments: