Sunday, November 24, 2013

One of my proudest moments—guest blogger Milton

1472064_718178478193734_254493811_n[2]

One of the proudest moments of my life was walking into the voting booth, twice, and not voting for Barack Obama. You see, unlike so many other blacks, I take my faith and the welfare of my family and country seriously.. Unlike most blacks... who put race above all else, I try to live by the words of Dr. King. I choose to judge people not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. With these established priorities in my life I proudly and willingly voted for a person who reflected my values.

Today we are witnessing perhaps the most blatant and concerted destruction of our Republic by people who lack virtue, decency and certainly a love of country. As Democrats led by Reid, Pelosi and Obama rape and pillage our country bringing it to a third world status, while I pray and work hard to prevent this from happening, if America does go in this direction I take some solace in the fact that I will be able to look my grandchildren in the eyes and tell them that for them and the nation, grandpa stood on the correct side of history and remained true to my faith, values and that I fought the good fight.

Used with permission, from BQI Facebook (Black Quill and Ink).

No comments: