Thursday, November 14, 2013

Obama is a bully about insurance

If I own a sensible van and avoid driving like a jack rabbit, I save money on gasoline. If I do my own food preparation and don't eat every meal in a restaurant, I save money on food. If I shop at Kohl's or Macy's instead of Crucinelli or Savannah, I save money on clothes. If I don't color my hair, I save money at the hair dresser. If I'm careful about water and electricity usage my utility bills are low. But if I don't smoke or drink, keep my BMI and exercise at a healthy level, am monogamous, prefer reading a book to deep sea diving, have a college education and attend church regularly, Obama believes I should not be allowed to pay less for my health insurance than someone who has a life style and behaviors very different from mine. And if I choose to pay for my own health care, select my own doctor, and insure only for crisis or emergency situations, Obama demeans my choice and calls that insurer substandard and bad.

No comments: