Thursday, December 05, 2013

Will unions be able to improve service at this Grandview Heights McDonald’s?

I have no idea how many protesting the fast food wage (entry level, starting job, many for teens) are not working there and are union plants.  I was browsing one of those rating systems for one in our area, and I’m guessing these employees are all doing well, and looking for advancement.  This store is at 911 W. Fifth St., Grandview Heights, Ohio, and the customer gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

                         image          

“Yes, I know I am reviewing a McDonalds, but we all should know no two McDonalds are the same. All health comments aside lets get right down to the results.

This McDonalds is really, really busy during meal hours, days when I choose to stop in a get breakfast on the way to work I always worry when I see the line completely wrapped around, but I have never waited more than about 7 mins, usually its around 5 mins.

They have yet to mess up my order at all or do anything else that would lead to complaints. When I decide to eat inside I find the restrooms, eating area and kitchen clean. I even like that they let a local semi "weird" guy just watch the TV in there all night when he just gets a coffee, which they may or may not make him pay for.

All in all this is probably one of the best McDonalds in Columbus and since I do not plan to go around all of Columbus to try them out you will just have to take my word for it.”

I worked for 25 cents over minimum at a Readmore Bookstore in the early 80s.  I wasn’t even worth that.  I was just awful at learning the cash register and figuring gift coupons. And my being a librarian with an MLS was useless to my employer. 

No comments: