Thursday, December 29, 2016

White Trash Sliders

 White Trash Sliders

I saw this recipe on my great nephew Jacob's Facebook wall--"White Trash Sliders."  Really simple.  But I added a few veggies to make it a bit more nutritious/delicious. 

1 lb. sausage (I used Bob Evans mild natural)
1 lb. hamburger/ground beef
1 lb. Velveeta
Use your favorite seasonings, but I then added

half a chopped onion
2 stalks of celery cut fine
sliced button mushrooms

I cooked the meats over low heat, and drained off the fat and added the veggies. Then cut up the Velveeta in smaller chunks and add it, stir over low heat, turn it off, and put the lid on.

This is to be served on small buns, but my husband is out with another woman for lunch, so I'm going to mix some chopped lettuce and cooked rice, and put it over that.  Yummy.

No comments: