Saturday, March 25, 2017

Addicted to sugar?

I've never thought of myself as addicted to sugar, but I wouldn't want to go cold turkey deprivation, either. Yet I know I have more than the recommended amount for women (6 teaspoons of added sugar a day). One or two sodas a year works for me, and maybe 3 snickerdoodles warm from the cookie sheet if I made them.
"If you have a history of binge eating, failure at setting rules about your consumption (like cheat meals / days) and repeated failures with the “everything in moderation” approach – then perhaps you are addicted (like I was).

The same way that a smoker needs to avoid cigarettes completely, a sugar addict needs to avoid sugar completely.

Complete abstinence is the only reliable way for true addicts to overcome their addiction.

I have personally made the choice to never eat added sugar again. I now haven’t touched it in over 7 months. I’ve lost a lot of weight and I feel awesome. Kris Gunnars"
I have a friend who says she's stopped eating "white." White sugar, white rice, white flour products like pasta and bread, white beans, white potatoes.  She had lost some weight doing this, in 2015, I think.  Don't know if she was able to continue down that road. The No White Foods diet. But more whole grains can't hurt.

No comments: