Tuesday, March 14, 2017

My new slow cooker

I sort of outsmarted myself.  I was looking for another slow cooker and saw one on sale at Wal-Mart, so I bought it.  It was only $3 more than a smaller one.  But when I got it home, I discovered that the overlap of the removable pot wouldn't allow the cabinet door to close.  So I have the heating element in one cabinet, and the removable ceramic pot in a deeper, over the frig cabinet, which is a little tricky to get to.



“Enjoy home cooked meals in your own dining room or on the road with a Crock-Pot NCAA 6-Quart Slow Cooker. It's ideal for making a fluffy corn casserole or enough savory chicken stew to satisfy a hungry crew. The Crock-Pot slow cooker is the busy family's best friend: pop dinner in before you leave for work and it's ready to serve when you walk in the door. The large-capacity device serves at least 7 people, has customizable temperature settings and uses a secure lid-locking system to make it easy to take with you. Both the interior oval stoneware and removable glass lid, which do not absorb food odors and make it easy to check on its progress, are dishwasher safe. This rice slow cooker is available in various team colors, making it a smart way to display your school or state pride. Each cooker comes complete with unique recipe ideas. “

The rating was 4.6—one person said 5 were purchased for their kids as Christmas gifts. One woman said she got one for her husband, and he loves how much it will hold. Maybe my kids can borrow it for an OSU football party.

I'm trying this out with my frozen corned beef to make sure it works before I put the box in the garage. One think I noticed immediately is how hot the outside gets.  I think you could burn yourself.  I don't think the ceramic container could be removed to serve from it separate dish.  Too hot. 

No comments: