Friday, January 05, 2018

Reading, working out and socializing at Lifetime Fitness

I know from reading Facebook that some of my friends  like and participate in on-line reading groups. I just don't get it. I often don’t like the books we read in our group, but I like the people. I see them face to face. (And sometimes am surprised when I find I actually do like a book I wouldn’t choose.)  Book Club may be the social event of the week for me. That and going to the grocery store. Or maybe the gym. Like this coming Monday. The book, "The worst hard time" is really a snore. I'm waiting to hear something good about it. Maybe it would mean more if I didn’t remember what my mother told me about the Great Depression.

According to Business First apparently Life Time Fitness has made it a corporate policy not to show MSNBC, Fox News, CNBC and CNN at its 127 clubs in 27 states. Apparently they don't want political discussions or outbreaks of uncivility on the premises. There's a screen on each treadmill, but I haven't figured out how to turn it on, besides I need to finish my book, “The worst hard time.”

Today  was a trifecta. I'll went to the gym, propped this boring book on the treadmill ledge, and then when exercise was over went next door to Marc's to shop.

To meet nice people, wear an interesting shirt. I wore my Black Swamp Bird Observatory long sleeve T to Lifetime Fitness today and met a lovely lady in the locker room who is a bird watcher and she's been bird watching in that area. She's planning a trip to Ecuador to watch more birds. Now that's a serious hobby!  Then I went to Marc's and ran into Diane from our church and got a big hug. She just got back from Florida.

No comments: