Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Popcorn from the Dollar Tree

I don't usually eat popcorn for breakfast, but I've just been to the dollar store (on Bethel). They had microwave popcorn 3 packs for $1.00, so I thought I'd try it. Not bad. I don't think I'd had it since I used to take my work break at the veterinary college lunch room at OSU. My microwave is fairly new so I did 1 min. 35 seconds instead of 1:45. One bag makes 9.5 cups popped which is quite a bit more than I would make from scratch. The company is Pop Weaver, manufactured in Van Buren, IN.

And so I checked and yes, the Weavers have been popping corn for four generations right next door in Indiana. Other products too, plus they'll do private label.  http://weaverpopcornmfg.com/ptest.php?id=4&order=1

I like the Dollar Tree. Prices really are one dollar. I bought 20 Hallmark cards, a 3 pack of Palmolive soap, which I really like and can't usually find, a night light, a scented candle, a bottle of Dial liquid soap, and the popcorn--- for $18.00. There are do-gooders who want to shut these bargain store down because. . . they don't serve nutritious fresh fruits and vegetables. Well, neither do gas stations and shoe stores. https://www.dollartree.com/locations/oh/bethel/7501/

No comments: